CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
The entertainment blog dedicated to the Black Male Celebrity!

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

TRICK DADDY BATTLES LUPUS


Miami rapper Trick Daddy recently revealed his battle with Lupus, a disease of the immune system. Normally, the immune system protects the body from infection. In lupus, however, the immune system inappropriately attacks tissues in various parts of the body. This abnormal activity leads to tissue damage and illness. Here's what he said on The Rickey Smiley radio show:

“I went to the doctor, like, 12 years ago. She took all kinds of tests, because I was trying to get rid of what we call dry skin; she did biopsies and blood tests and swab tests. She told me I have lupus.”

“I am allergic highly to the sun, that’s my worst enemy. It’s like an AK-47 (gun) with a double clip on it,” Trick explains.

He adds, “A lot of people try to cover it up with regular make-up. It makes your skin pigmented. You can go from dark to light and not light to dark. You have to cover it up and conceal it.My mama had 11 children from 10 different men. If she can live with that, I know I can live with this.”


Trick is currently promoting his autobiography, Magic City: Trials of a Native Son. Rap fans may remember that Lupus claimed the life of rapper J. Dilla. We hope that Trick is doing everything possible to remain as healthy as he can.

Photo: mtv.com
Other Source: webmd.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

How u luv that?